SS21 Strike Carbon
The Strike is our out-and-out speed machine, designed with only one purpose in mind: putting you on top of the podium. The Strike was developed by Kai-Nicolas Steimer. By combining his extensive racing experience and naval engineering background, he found the perfect balance between speed and control. The sleek, efficient design is simply the fastest board you can paddle on flat water.
This is achieved by combining balanced nose volume and a narrow race outline, with a unique bottom shape – double concave up front blending to deep mono concave - which delivers smooth efficient gliding, tracking and stability. With the new bottom curve the board transfers each stroke in pure acceleration. Subtle volume distribution and the recessed deck keeps the rider low, while the tail profile further boosts stability and ensures performance in chop and messy water conditions in experienced hands.
The Strike comes in three new sizes and widths of 20”, 22.5” & 25”. The 20” is the go-to raceboard for the super competitive and lighter riders, the 22.5” is the ideal size for racers above 80kg and the 25” is the first choice for riders above 90kg for all-round racing on flatwater or those who get their first touch with racing.
Key features of the SS21 Strike Carbon
- NEW Bottom ShapeNew bottom shape for perfect acceleration with each stroke
- outlineSlimmer outline for better glide
- Stays FlatNew nose shape and tail shape reduce pitching and keep the board flat when sprinting, and allow perfect water flow during racing
- New top shapeNew top shape between nose and recess stops water traveling into the recess
- rail shapeNew rail shape boosts steering and manoeuvrability and makes drafting easy
- deckRecessed deck keeps the riders weight low and improves stability
- tail designReduced volume at the tail allows more stability and ease for the rider in pivot turns
- drainage pipesReduced amount of drainage pipes reducing drag and new shape allows faster draining of the recess
- Leash optionsForward and rearward leash options
- accessory plugNew FCS plug for watch holder or other training devices
- comfortThree carrying handle options for all eventualities and preferences